Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Spring is here!

     My calendar says today is the first day of spring, although, the past few months felt more like spring than the past few days have. Beginnings are exciting: new seasons, the start of a new school year, a new job, house, baby. A fresh beginning. I'm excited about the prospect of my first book being published. I know the characters so well, they seem like dear friends. I've lived in Jeannie Miller's world, spending the last three years in the summer of 1965 on an Ohio farm with her dear aunt and uncle. I've seen that world through the eyes of an adventuresome ten-year-old. I've traveled Back Home Again in Indiana and attended sixth grade with Jeannie. Together, we've experienced the excitement of Christmas, of a new snowfall, and ringing in a brand new year.
     The 60s were idyllic in many ways; a simpler time. Yet, ever-growing technology helped send man to the moon. The Vietnam War raged, and Jeannie's cousin, Brian, experienced it first-hand in 1966. The Jeannie Miller Adventure Series is wholesome entertainment--and historically accurate--presenting readers with a looking-glass back through time. They are faith-based books, offering hope in various situations of life. My hope is to entertain, educate, and inspire--not necessarily in that order.
     Springtime awakens life, so stretch, walk in the sunshine, and breathe the fresh air. Read a book. Spend time with a friend. Thank the Lord for His goodness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment